drive.google.com refused to connect
- Log out of Google
- Log back in with just the one account you'll be using with Forms
This is a well known issue in the Google add-ons community and Google are working on it. It's related to having two or more accounts logged-in at once, and the permissions are being picked up from the wrong one
General permission reset
General errors can be a result of incomplete permissions. The first thing we recommend for nearly every error is as follows
- Now you can re-open your Form
- Close Signature if open
- Open Signature, and you'll be prompted to give permission (pictured)
If you aren't prompted for permission, please revisit from the first step
- Accept the access/permission requests
- We recommend cancelling and re-creating any Signatures, so they'll have all the right permissions
Multiple Signatures Response Sheet has "Pending"
Pending means one of two things:
- We've received a signature but couldn't find an appropriate place to put it
- Your user didn't sign
If it's been more then a day, it's the latter
Click the Pending link - this takes you to a dashboard
You can pick the correct place for any existing signatures we hold, then draft an email template and easily send this to everyone that's missed the signing process. When they do, Pending will change to View Signature
Signature isn't an option in the jigsaw-piece menu
The add-on isn't installed, or hasn't loaded
Try refreshing and waiting a moment. If it's still missing, follow the Installing steps
"Start" isn't there, only "Help"
It's installed, but hasn't loaded yet. Wait a moment, then use the jigsaw-piece menu again
Or refresh the page if it's being particularly stubborn
Stuck at "Checking..."
Wait up to a minute - this can take a little longer as we're creating an account for you
If it's been a minute, there may be a problem. Usually the permissions haven't come through completely
We recommend uninstalling, and reinstalling the add-on to get the security prompts to appear. It only takes about 30 seconds
To uninstall, follow the steps at
You'll see that the "Add" button in the marketplace will now say "Uninstall"
When you follow those steps again to reinstall, take note of whether you receive the Google security pop-up, and ensure you accept it
(If you look at the Youtube video in the above link, you'll see the prompts appear about 25 seconds in)
It may pop up when you first try to open the add-on, rather than when it's installed
If you don't get any security prompt, it might be blocked by your browser. We recommend Chrome, but any current browser should be fine. Internet Explorer isn't recommended
Problems with signing
A signatory will see this screen in the following cases
- The person who requested the signature has since deleted their request; if so, this isn't an error
- We couldn't automatically pair the signatory with the signature request
Ensure you're using a link that we created
- Email them for me | the signatory was sent an email from us - this email contains a link - use that
- I'll contact them myself | the signatory wasn't sent anything directly by us - you were provided a link to copy and send on yourself. You can get this again by opening the add-on, clicking on Pending, and using the controls in that menu. Send that link to your signatory
A signatory will see this screen if we no longer have access to the Editor's Form. We need access to be able to append the signature to the Form and/or Response Sheet
This is a result of us being removed as Editors/Contributors. Removal is usually a manual process, but if you are the Editor and are coming across this regularly, please check if you have any other apps which might change permissions on your Google files
We provide a note which will pop-up when the Editor opens the add-on. The Editor will need to remove and recreate the signature request which will reapply the necessary access rights
Form isn't accepting signatures
A signatory will see this screen on a Multiple Signature attempt if the Form Editor has 0 signatures remaining
It is also given if a link is used which refers to any form which isn't accepting Multiple Signatures
The Form Editor can obtain more signatures, and signing will automatically continue
Signature link saying "Google docs encountered an error..."
The signing link may only provide "Google Docs encountered an error".
This was a brief error (7 July to 8 July 2020), specifically happening on devices with no Google account signed in, as well as all recent iOS devices (whether or not they had a Google account signed in).