Multiple Signatures (new)
Previously Multiple Signatures Beta
Usage: A Google Form that can be signed by many people
There's just one option when setting up from the add-on's sidebar:
Limit for the number of signatures per Form Response
This limits the per-response limit, not the overall limit for the Form.
Note: We recommend switching to a new Form when you reach 500 signatures
We have seen an error where a Response Sheet becomes unavailable after several hundred signatures.
While very rare, we recommend changing to a new Form and Response Sheet on occasion. They don't use up any space in your Drive.
Need a link at the end of the Form?
Often you'll want to redirect your user to somewhere else after they finish the Form. Using a normal link will mean they're still stuck in the app - or may not load at all.
Instead, append this to the front of your link to allow the user to exit the add-on and continue to the link:
Example usage: https://script.google.com/macros/s/AKfycbzg-r886K3QNfdroZMmGJjlh2wbVWV76_FXgUA4SRUYjPlyB6BK/exec?url=https://www.google.com
How to distribute the Form to your users
When you turn on signing, you're required to click a button before the setup finishes. This copies a link to your clipboard.
The link that was copied can be given to your users to complete both the Form, and signature. You can also embed the Form in a page - continue reading the help on this page to see how.
To get this link again, open the add-on and navigate to "See pending". Find your Form in the list and click the Copy Link button.
Embedding your Form in another page
You can display the link to your Form in a couple of interesting ways.
To show the actual Form for signing, try this code on your webpage:You can alter the "style" attributes to fit your page better - these settings should work for most people
<iframe style="min-height:800px;width:100%;height:100%;border:none;" src="Link copied from the add-on"></iframe>
You can make the Form act like an entire web page on your own site. Set that page's HTML to the iframe code below. It's similar to the above, with altered dimensions to take up all of the space:
<iframe style="height:100vh;width:100%;border:none;" src="Link copied from the add-on"></iframe>
To just present the link more cleanly on a webpage:
<a href="Link copied from the add-on">Click here</a>
We'll be adding more to this help page - let us know any questions
We've taken feedback about the Multiple Signatures product and built a new version from the ground up.
Key new features:
- You can use your camera to take snaps of ID documents to go along with signatures!
- Or to take a photo of your ink and paper signature
- Or any other use you can think of
- Signature is drawn before the end of the Form
- No missed signatures - users can't finish the Form without signing
- No link at the end - you can write your own message
- Users will know immediately if they can sign the Form. No more reaching the end, only to find there aren't any signatures available
- Receive many signatures in a single response
- For example, the whole team can sign the site report
- You can set a limit when setting up
- We only count the response as a signature, so it won't hurt your balance!
- Signing transfer/hand-off/sharing to other devices
- The signing page includes a QR code so you can sign on another device
- Useful if you're using a PC for the Form, but want to sign with your phone
- Works with many signatures per response, so for example you can get your team to use their own devices to sign! Great for remaining contact-less
- Works with other popular add-ons
- formMule and Autocrat are incredibly popular add-ons - so we've built with these in mind
- We're writing guides for common usage scenarios. Check back in the How-to section for more details
- View signature link
- The link to view the signature now includes much more details including questions and answers signed, and validation of these details
- Rapidly view and print signatures from the Dashboard
- View and print individually, or all together as a list (and coming shortly - as a table)
- Visit the Dashboard from any existing individual Signature view link
- We've re-written our validation protocol to be much more robust. Whenever the signature is viewed, it's re-checked against the original details
- If you turn "Response receipts" on, your end users will receive this link and can print their own copy. It's styled to look like a Response in Google Forms
- Overall speed improvement: Signatures are appended immediately. No more waiting as in the Classic version
- Enhanced privacy
- We already take privacy seriously, but this new version allows us to be even further removed from your users' information. No personal information is ever stored by us in this new version
What about the features from Multiple Signatures Classic?
- Show inline
- See the Dashboard
- The website-based viewing is much faster and easier to scroll and print than "Show Inline"
- Name/email address pre-populate on signing page
- Pre-population similar to the Classic version won't be implemented
- Simply ask those questions in your Form. They'll be included as part of the verification process, and each visit to the Signature link will present these details along with the signature
- Your users can optionally fill-in the text boxes available within the menu on the signing page
- Submit another response
- No button yet - you can refresh the page responding to load a new response
incompatible with "File upload" questions
The standard file upload question type will not work with Multiple Signatures Beta.
Google does not allow the accounts page to load unless it's via their own links directly unfortunately.
Enable Response Receipts
Recommended to be set to Always
Your recipient will receive a link as part of their answer which will include their entire response and signature. They can print out their own copy
We aren't able to set this for you unfortunately
Click the Cog icon in your Form to get this menu
When you confirm these details, we:
- Add our main signature bot as an Editor on the Form
- Add our multi signature bot as an Editor on the Form and its Response Sheet
The bots handle signatures and append them to the Response Sheet. The main bot is removed when you cancel the signatures, but the multi signature bot remains. This is so it can verify any existing signatures in future
- Provide you with the link you can give out to your users. They need to use that link to sign, not the default "Send" link
You can get this link again by opening "See pending" in the add-on