A streamlined, real signature experience for Google Forms
3 signatures for free every month - so give it a try!
Contracts, agreements, onboarding, and anything else you can think of can now have a slick, totally modern, on-any-device signing process
Install through the Google Add-on store in Google Forms
We do nearly everything on our phones, but PDF's are still incredibly awkward to navigate
When it comes to signing one, it usually means just skipping to the signing section because it's exhausting to read the whole thing. A signature might be PKI-certified, but did they really understand what they were signing?
Google Forms allow you to rapidly make a mobile-friendly, interactive experience. We've enhanced this already great platform with the ability to sign on-screen
Greater engagement means a higher level of confidence in, and understanding of the content. A better informed signature is well, better!
Feel free to get in touch
Add-on not loading for some users
This is related to the "drive.google.com" error, which Google have been working on
1. Log out of Google. Then log back in with just the account you will be using with the Forms
2. Open an "Incognito" or "Private" browsing window - this will mean you have to log in to open your Drive/Forms. Log in with the account you will be using with the Forms
June 2020 (preview)
Camera capability - Multiple Signatures Beta
You can now use your device's camera with Multiple Signatures Beta!
This is a great way to include photo of ID's, or other documents, or for any other purpose you can think of.
Find the Camera button in the menu area when signing. Remember to use the arrow buttons to add more signatures or photos, or use the QR code or TinyURL.
Verification - Multiple Signatures Beta
The verification process is being fine tuned and we're working on making it faster. If you've received a response recently, you'll see that all responses will show the verification results properly when you visit the link under the "Signature" column header in your Response Sheet.
Dashboard - Multiple Signatures Beta
We're working on a handy dashboard for your responses so you'll be able to rapidly flip through your responses without returning to your Response Sheet.
It will also include a whole-page mode (replacing "show inline" in the Classic version), which will let you see all of your responses and signatures all together.
Multiple Signatures major update - FREE for May 2020!
We've taken feedback about the Multiple Signatures product and built a new version from the ground up.
It's totally free for the month of May 2020 so you can use it as much as you like. Let us know what you think of it!
Extra "Signature" questions add to the Form 12/13 May
If you turned on signing around this time you may have noticed a "Signature" question was added too many times - apologies for this! A versioning quirk meant a sample of old code was still being run. This loop has been closed.
You can delete the excess questions, leaving just one "Signature" question. In the Spreadsheet, you can delete all of the extra "Signature" answer columns that don't have responses. It'll prevent you from deleting the one that relates to the remaining question in the Form.
Verification saying "Could not verify..."
The verification checker has been updated. Keep receiving responses and the update will happen automatically for you.
Key new features:
- Signature is drawn before the end of the Form
- No missed signatures - users can't finish the Form without signing
- No link at the end - you can write your own message
- Users will know immediately if they can sign the Form. No more reaching the end, only to find there aren't any signatures available
- Receive many signatures in a single response
- For example, the whole team can sign the site report
- Can be limited
- Signing transfer/hand-off/sharing to other devices
- The signing page includes a QR code so you can sign on another device
- Useful if you're using a PC for the Form, but want to sign with your phone
- Works with many signatures per response, so for example you can get your team to use their own devices to sign! Great for remaining contact-less
- Works with other popular add-ons
- formMule and Autocrat are incredibly popular add-ons - so we've built with these in mind
- We're writing guides for common usage scenarios. Check back in the How-to section for more details
- View signature link
- The link to view the signature now includes much more details including questions and answers signed, and validation of these details
- We've re-written our validation protocol to be much more robust. Whenever the signature is viewed, it's re-checked against the original details
- If you turn "Response receipts" on, your end users will receive this link and can print their own copy. It's styled to look like a Response in Google Forms
- Overall speed improvement: Signatures are appended immediately. No more waiting as in the Classic version
Subscription options underway
We've also been asked about a subscription option for unlimited signatures. We started with a pure pre-pay system in mind, but can how useful an unlimited plan would be.
Expect to see this as an option in the near future! Let us know your thoughts on plan options, pricing, or anything else. We appreciate all feedback and some of the best ideas have come from users like yourself!
As translation is based on Google's translate, some words and phrases might be incorrect. In some other cases you might prefer to use English. So the translation will be fine tuned, and made optional for many pages.
We've made a Facebook page for the add-on. You can hop on there and share any ideas or suggestions, and get some feedback from the community!
Multi-line personal message
The Single Signature personal message box now lets you add line breaks so you can make it even better.
We're really excited to bring translations to the add-on!
This has been a goal since day 1.
There may be some quirks, so please let us know any aspects of your localised/translated experience that aren't up to standard.
Mail merge tools
If you use Google Sheets mail merge tools like formMule, you won't have been able to send a signature image.
Now from the Manage Multiple Signatures dashboard you can generate a column of links that you can share and use with these mail merge add-ons.
Multi signature branding
Your newly purchased branding will be applied to existing Multiple Signature Forms straight away. Previously you would need to turn signing off and on again.
- add a personal message
- preview in the app
We've updated the signature invitation email to look more like Google Forms.
They're also sent in your own language, not just in English.
You can add your own message which will be included in the email from us.
And you can Preview exactly what's going to be sent!
Multiple Signature - Submit another response
A small quality of life improvement for reception desks, conferences, meetings and other "sign-in" type users. Anywhere you're using one device to be used by more than one person.
When signed, you're now given a link to "Submit another response". This takes you to the Form ready to use again!
Multiple Signature Dashboard easier to visit
The "Signature App - signed" column header in your Response Sheet is now a link to the Multiple Signature Dashboard
We're adding features there and think you'll visit it a bit more
New Dashboard features
You can now:
- Show signatures on the main Response Sheet
- Useful if you didn't check that option when setting up, but want them there now
- Or if you've removed some yourself and want to put them back in
- Delete signatures from the main Response Sheet
- If it's getting ungainly and you don't really need to see them inline anymore
- If you've deleted a row, you'll note the signature isn't also deleted and can mess up the order
- If they're generally out of alignment, you can remove them and then use the Show signatures on Responses Tab button to put them back in in the right place
- The source signatures (saved in their own tabs) are unaffected; it's just the presentation of the main Response Sheet tab
We're working on a few more features here to make life easier. Watch this space!
Multiple Signature "Pending" handling made easy
Pending links have been updated - please give them a try if you have any
They'll take you to a new dashboard where you can review any signatures we're holding, and very easily send reminder emails with two clicks!
Speed and reliability patches implemented
The speed has been drastically improved so your users won't feel like they're waiting around
If a user tries to submit a blank signature, they'll be stopped and asked to draw something first
Single Signature "I'll let them know another way" mode has been improved to make things clearer for people that have a few accounts logged-in at the same time
October 2019 update
Focusing on Multiple Signatures this month
Filling in the blanks
If there are any gaps or missing signatures, we'll fill in blanks with "Pending" links
You can send the link to your signatory or have them sign on your screen
Some locales used to get big ugly #ERROR results - the data was fine, but the links weren't formatted correctly for the region
Now the links are self-healing!
Both of the above occur on the next multi-signature response
September 2019 update
Single signature update
Pictures to come - we've made huge usability changes to single signatures
Now, signatories can't accidentally finish your Form without adding a signature. And instead of having to open links and tabs, then return to the Form, it's all packaged on a single page
All new Single Signatures will have this new experience and we're really pleased with how smooth it is - give it a try!
Price reduction and bulk rate
Multiple Signatures have proved quite popular. We have lower storage requirements for these, so are happy to be able to pass on the savings to you
We've also added a bulk-buy option, and plan to extend this range
Along with the Single Signatures update, we've added more detail and features to allow you to better manage your signatories
Including reminder emails, and logs of when you last contacted them
AUGUST 2019 Update
We didn't expect to have to re-write for a new database this month. But it's a blessing in disguise
Pending multiple signatures
If someone uses your Form but doesn't sign, no problem. There will be a "Pending" link which you can send to them
No more lag when opening the add-on!
We've added instructions to the relevant signing page to avoid the No Signature page when you know you've got one waiting
Cancelling a single signature
We refund you one of your available signatures if you need to cancel it before it's complete
July 2019 update
What a great month!
Big new feature
Multiple Signatures - get many signatures on one Form. Great for sign-ups, or any case where one Form to one signatory isn't the best fit
Also - they're free until 1 August
We've cleaned-up the user interface to look brighter and lighter
The actual signature is now visibly sharper, and you can do tiny little dots! No more slightly-drag-to-dot
Auto-refresh. If you're the first in your region to use the add-on in a little while, it can be a bit sluggish to start. Now it re-loads itself if it's taking too long
All going smoothly
- 23 September 2019 | Add-on and some signing pages displayed incorrectly
Advised the display-library providers at 00:03 GMT
Resolved at 05:00 GMT
Back-end actions timing out
- 18 August 2019 | Some delays in data handling be back end services manifested as problems with multiple-signatures not appearing
- 19 August 2019 | Bug report with Google, another developer has noted the same
- 24 August 2019 | Google working on bug but have no answers
- 2 September 2019 | No resolution in sight: Relaunch with new back end services and a major rewrite of the add-on
Unable to append a drawn signature
- 14 June 2019 | We have detected a bug which prevents us from adding the signature image to Google Forms
Users could draw their signature, and click Confirm Signature. The window will dim but the user won't receive the notice saying they can continue. We have now added notices to the signing pages
We have located the issue and reported it to Google
- 15 June 2019 | Other Google Script users have come across the same issue and reported to Google
- 17 June 2019 | Increasing number of users noting that they have encountered the problem in their projects
- 18 June 2019 | Google have acknowledged their error and are working to fix it
- 21 June 2019 | Resolved!